The Most Important Asset – Our Heart
This week in our midweek youth focused service, Pastor Jonnie shared further on the topic…
“What is our Most Valuable Asset”
The question to us was… what do we consider our most valuable asset? Then the focus was turned to our heart, and how it is the most valuable thing that we can give to God!
This week we enjoyed several guests including Pastors Jonnie & Barbara Nickles, as well as Pastor Craig Groeschel – via video. We also had a wonderful time of worship, and prayer around the altar.
The video message gave us an example of someone in history that helped change the world through his commitment to Christ – John Wesley.
Here are the high points of the message.
“Give me ten men who hate nothing but sin and love nothing but God, and we’ll change the world.”
WESLEY’S LIFE MESSAGE
1) DO YOU HAVE A PLAN FOR HOLINESS?
But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy.” 1 Peter 1:15-16
“Be not afraid to know yourself.” John Wesley
Wesley’s Plan Included:
- Bible study and prayer
- Strict accountability
- Time management
- Sacrificial Giving
“When I have money, I get rid of it quickly, lest it find a way into my heart.” John Wesley
2) DO YOU HAVE PEACE WITH GOD?
Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ… Romans 5:1
“I went to America to convert the Indians; but O, who shall convert me?” John Wesley
3) DO YOU HAVE A PASSION TO CHANGE THE WORLD?
Yet when I preach the gospel, I cannot boast, for I am compelled to preach. Woe to me if I do not preach the gospel! 1 Corinthians 9:16
“Catch on fire with enthusiasm and people will come for miles to watch you burn.”
“The world is my parish!”
Questions for application:
- What one thing does God want you to do to become more like Christ?
- Do you have a heart-felt relationship with God; or, do you just have head knowledge?
- How can you keep your passion for God growing?
For further study, John Wesley will always be known for:
- Circuit riding – Wesley preached over 1000 sermons a year for over ten years
- Societies of faith
- Unusual supernatural occurrences
- Doctrine of justification and sanctification
- Empowering women in ministry
- Involving laity in ministry